Sight and Wave Phenomena or Quantum?

kaus123

Hey everyone,

Im in SL Physics and one of the options I'll definitely be doing for tomorrow's paper is Astrophysics.

But what else should I choose to study? Sight and Wave Phenomena or Quantum, because our teacher rushed through both just in case. Looking at the syllabus, I'm inclined to do Quantum because I like Atomic and Nuclear much more than SHM, but what are your thoughts?

I don't like waves either, and therefore if I were you, I'd take quantum. I really enjoyed this topic, and it is moreover relatively easy... maybe except for Heisenberg and his uncertainty theory. What I like in wave phenomena is that it's shorter, but I really don't like all those wave-things.

• 1 month later...

I'd do Quantum, even though it is larger, it is definetely more interesting. Well, I'm not really interested in waves and all of their properties, plus... I hate with my life lenses and image formation, so yeah, if you choose wave phenomena good luck with that. Now, Quantum is really funny and interesant, you learn a lot about nuclear physics, anyways this statement is very personal since I've been interested in atoms and subparticles since long time ago.

I love the Schrodinger model and his hypothetical situation with cats and radiactive decay is pretty interesant too. :D I agree with Slovakov about the Heisenburg uncertainty principle, that's serious stuff. In the other hand if you're looking for the easier thing and need to learn things fast, do wave and sight phenomena, it is easier (And I love the Doppler Effect in this option)

I'd do Quantum, even though it is larger, it is definetely more interesting. Well, I'm not really interested in waves and all of their properties, plus... I hate with my life lenses and image formation, so yeah, if you choose wave phenomena good luck with that. Now, Quantum is really funny and interesant, you learn a lot about nuclear physics, anyways this statement is very personal since I've been interested in atoms and subparticles since long time ago.

I love the Schrodinger model and his hypothetical situation with cats and radiactive decay is pretty interesant too. :D I agree with Slovakov about the Heisenburg uncertainty principle, that's serious stuff. In the other hand if you're looking for the easier thing and need to learn things fast, do wave and sight phenomena, it is easier (And I love the Doppler Effect in this option)

Agree... Lucky you. I'm forced to take Wave Phenomena! It sucks! Even i haven't done the option yet, it just seems pretty dull..

Guest PoisonousPumpkin

I'm doing relativity and wave sight phenomena and let me tell you, the last one sucks! :sadnod: It is not interesting, I agree with Procrastination when he says the Doppler Effect is pretty cool. But hey, that doesn't even compare with the fun you could be having with Quantum.

I'm doing relativity and wave sight phenomena and let me tell you, the last one sucks! :sadnod: It is not interesting, I agree with Procrastination when he says the Doppler Effect is pretty cool. But hey, that doesn't even compare with the fun you could be having with Quantum.

Ugh! Relativity is the best topic EVER..