Exeter or York?

ConfusedIBer

Hi!

Alright, so I have got 4 conditional offers - Exeter (34), York (34), Birmingham (34) and Sheffield (33).

My predicted is a 36, and I'm pretty sure that I will be getting at least a 34.

Now, all I am confused on is what university to choose as by firm and then secondly, my insurance.

I am keen on Exeter and York to be in the the top two, but I'm really not sure as to which one is better.

I have applied for Accounting and Finance, and while according to league tables, Exeter is definitely the best out of those for my specified subject, I'm not sure if it's the best university as a whole (campus life, city life, international students, etc.)

If any of you have any suggestions, PLEASE let me know, this is going to be benefit me A LOT!

Thanks, in advance!

=D

Hi!

Alright, so I have got 4 conditional offers - Exeter (34), York (34), Birmingham (34) and Sheffield (33).

My predicted is a 36, and I'm pretty sure that I will be getting at least a 34.

Now, all I am confused on is what university to choose as by firm and then secondly, my insurance.

I am keen on Exeter and York to be in the the top two, but I'm really not sure as to which one is better.

I have applied for Accounting and Finance, and while according to league tables, Exeter is definitely the best out of those for my specified subject, I'm not sure if it's the best university as a whole (campus life, city life, international students, etc.)

If any of you have any suggestions, PLEASE let me know, this is going to be benefit me A LOT!

Thanks, in advance!

=D

I would go for York - great university, much much nicer campus.

definitley put sheffield as your insurance, as the others are exactly the same conditions and if you fall short you'll be kicking yourself :P. I agree with the person above, york is beautiful and a really good university. Exeter is also nice (I live in plymouth, like 30 minutes away) and has a very good reputation, although York is a lot prettier - I know you shouldn't pick your university on prettiness, but you'll probably end up living there after you graduate uni anyway... All are great unis, so you're really lucky to have the choice!

Thanks! :)

I am still quite confused as to what to do, as I am going as an International student, so there's a high chance that I'll be moving out of the city. Also, this is just an UG degree, which means that I'll need to look at PG universities and then job prospects (yeah, I'm looking WAAAYYY in the future, but still).

I am also getting complete mixed reviews on both universities, and cities as well. Some say Exeter's great, others say that it is too overpriced, etc etc. While some say York has a great reputation, but Exeter's an upcoming good university for my subject choice.

So yes, still thoroughly confused! :(