IB Theatre Research Investigation Help :)

ForeverConfused

So my question is something along the lines of "How have elements of Plastic Theatre been used in the realist play "A Streetcar Named Desire" by Tennessee Williams?"

I was wondering if this question would be suitable for an IB Theatre Research Investigation. Would the IB accept "Plastic Theatre" as a legitimate theatrical form? And is this question pertinent to Theatre, or does it become more of an A1 English essay question?

I realize these are questions I should ask my teacher, but I'm trying to get help from everywhere I possibly can. :)

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Oh yeah, and Good Luck to class of 2011 for their exams! :)

at the moment your question is too broad.

in order to narrow it down you should think about which member taking part in the production (whether it is the actor/technical director/ stage/costume/make-up designer..etc.) might find the information you display as most useful.

ask yourself: would I rather focus on the technical aspects? (that is lighting, stage, costume...) or on how the actor would play a specific role in performance? or perhaps on how a director would direct the piece?

here is an example of a research question that fits your topic:

"How would a Plastic Theatre actor perform the role of X in "A Streetcar Named Desire" by Tennessee Williams?"

here, the research question makes way for a focused and effective investigation process.

just a tip: after you choose an explicit aspect you would most like to explore double check you have enough sources, the situation might be that you'd have to slightly alter your topic to fit the range of information you have available!

Edited by pigsonthewing

• 11 months later...