Psychology HL paper 3

iBzG

I thought the questions weren't very clear. I still think I did pretty well though..

What did u guys think of the exam?

For me the questions seemed like what I had seen before in exams that our teacher had made for us based on the new syllabus, which was good 8-), but I think I fumbled the second question a fair bit (TZ2), because it asked to explain the use semi-structured interviews in this study (the stimulus material) and it was a bit unclear as to what they wanted, because the stimulus material gave little information on the actual proceedings of the interviews. So I first explained how semi-structured interviews are good for obtaining rich data and further exploring issues in-depth without veering too much off topic and that it's especially useful in a study like that one where it's difficult for the researcher to make any credible preconceptions on, which to base questions or themes on. And then I moved on to talk about the fact that they used audio recordings and how that might affect the interview situation and participants answers (credibility/trustworthiness) as well as the fact that the interviewer should be well trained (there was no information on this :() so that he/she doesn't affect the interview. In my last paragraph I gave some ethical considerations that could be relevant as well as referring to the fact that participants consent was asked for the transcription (again nothing about it in the stimulus material), which might have been a slight mistake, but I wasn't sure what they meant by 'explain'. Did they mean give an overview of the process in general or base your answer on what's given in the stimulus :o