Mathematical Studies SL Paper 1

olga

I used Pythagoras for question 15, and worked out that he couldn't reach the point. However, after the exam I realised that I'd done all of paper 1 with my calculator in radians instead of degrees, so all of my trig will be wrong :( hopefully I'll get some method marks though.

How come you didnt notice your GDC was in radians? I mean i did my trigonometry in radians but ive noticed that its just impossible to get the answers like that and changed it :)

EDIT: Sophie, accroding to mark schemes for the past papers i've seen youl get points for the method and if you have used the anserws in radians for the next questions you'll still get points for them too, even though your numbers are wrong :)

Edited by olga

Guest Chance

Most of the people in my class found in very easy, but I actually found it difficult in parts and I'm supposedly predicted a 7 (that's gone out the window now unless my paper 2 score and IA hold up). I completely messed up the last question. Completely didn't realise that the 'quadratic equation' it was hinting at was Pythagoras, so when I asked everyone else afterwards what they'd done and realised, I then proceeded to feel completely stupid.

How come you didnt notice your GDC was in radians? I mean i did my trigonometry in radians but ive noticed that its just impossible to get the answers like that and changed it :)

EDIT: Sophie, accroding to mark schemes for the past papers i've seen youl get points for the method and if you have used the anserws in radians for the next questions you'll still get points for them too, even though your numbers are wrong :)

thank you :)

I didn't realise... i couldn't do the trig questions, but I was so stressed out that I just thought it was me being stupid, so I just wrote all of the working down and moved on. Thank you though :) I hope I manage to pick the marks up on paper 2, although I doubt it :P