Portfolio, picture of calculator screen.

HelloooG

Guest Red XII

If you're not showing anything graphical on the calculator, you can just type out the calculator display either in plain text or in an equation editor (which is included in MS Word). That would save the trouble of connecting it if you aren't sure how to do so.

Or as a last resort you could take a picture of the screen yourself! That's what some of my friends did.

Personally, I just used graphing software, didn't bother with my GDC. The graphs too small and not that nice looking. I don't know what your portfolio is though.

depends on what GDC you have :blum:

TI-Nspire is the best for everything IMO, except 3D Graphing (which it cannot do AFAIK).

Taking a picture of the screen is stupid. When we did our IA, my teacher told us that her student once took a picture of the screen (with a camera) and another student scanned the GDC screen. My teacher told us not to do that because it's just very stupid.

So please if you want to use your TI (which I recommend) please connect it to your laptop using the USB cable and install the software (there's a CD) to your laptop.

The Nspire series is much better, I asume, but I got only a TI-84+ :P

Oh, btw, don't you know whether the TI-Connect software is compatible with the Windows 7 OS? I tried to connect my TI to a laptop with W7 and it didn't go, while I had no problems with connecting it to a PC with win XP. Where can the problem lie?

Well I use TI-Nspire and Windows 7 and the software works perfectly fine :/ What kind of error did you get?

Which one is the TI connect software? Is it the one you use to transfer documents into your GDC? Or the one to operate the calculator? Because the Nspire one is called TI-Nspire Student Software.

Well, in case of TI-84, the TI-Connect is a complete pack, involving all the functions possible for the connected calculator. I also thought that it contains a driver for the TI, but no matter if it is installed or not, when I conect my calculator, the system says: "Failed to install the hardware. Your hardware may not work properly". That seems strange for me...