SAT Scores

superassification

There are more than 5000 higher education institutions in the US. Do you honestly expect a list of their requirements here?

Make up your mind with about 20-30 universities you want to apply to. Go to their websites and look for the information you want. It's all there. If you don't find it, call/e-mail them. Most universities are fine with taking the best scores on each section after repeated tests.

This information can be obtained through the College Board. They have it somewhere on their website and I believe it's in PDF format.

And in regards to the first reply, the Ivy Leagues have no requirements or pre-requisites, but I can assure you that a 1900 is no-where near enough if you do not have a hook (amazing athlete etc). For un-hooked applicants, honestly a 2200+ is where you should be aiming. I'm speaking from experience here. Of course, it is possible to get in with a 1900, I'm just saying it's not likely unless the other parts of the application are amazing.

Guest Red XII

well, IVY universities tend to look for really high scores, around 1900, (i think)

the majority of american universities, ask for a min of 1400.

so try to aim as high as you can

This is entirely inaccurate.

Most US schools don't have minimum requirements.

Ivies you need 2200+ SAT / 33+ ACT to even stand a chance, and 36 ACT / 2400 SAT are turned down all the time.

As for other schools, you can have much lower scores, especially if the rest of your application is strong. Standards are more rigorous for international students, especially those applying for financial aid. You can get a general idea of a school's standardized test expectations by googling data on the middle 50% range for SAT and ACT for specific schools (you'll get the 25th and 75th percentile scores of entering freshman or of admitted students, usually from the previous year or the year before that).