What course should i choose Physics SL or ES sl

ARVP

I want to study economics, or accounting and finance or eventually becoming an investment banker.

My courses taken are:

Maths SL

English A2 HL

Spanish A1 SL

Economics HL

Psycology HL

Physics SL

I am not very good at physics and besides the teacher is extremely bad, however im interested somehow in physics, therefore i was wondering which course will be better for eventually studying economics or accounting and finance, enviromental systems and societies or physics?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Soiboist

As none of the courses are related to what you will study it doesn't really matter, as long as you don't change your mind that is. I think you should hence just pick what you're most interested in. Even though you might not now consider yourself to be good at Physics you will have time to develop a lot during your two years. Also it is more likely that you will put more effort into a subject that you actually enjoy and have an interest in, and that will in the end give you a higher grade (if that's important for you, hell I don't know). As you consider the teacher bad you should also think about whether you have enough discipline to partially self-study a subject; if not you might want to pick another option. However if Physics interests you more than ESS I would nevertheless advise you to choose it, even though the teacher might be bad.

Guest Soiboist

I'd take ES if I were you. I have no experience with physics, but there are many things in ES that can be useful in economics too.

On second thought that could be true. I'm not taking the course myself, but doesn't parts of the course concern issues such as environmental changes and geography? If so, it could definitely be useful for Economics.

I'd take ES if I were you. I have no experience with physics, but there are many things in ES that can be useful in economics too.

On second thought that could be true. I'm not taking the course myself, but doesn't parts of the course concern issues such as environmental changes and geography? If so, it could definitely be useful for Economics.

I can't remember exactly off the top of my head, but I remember going through several things that was repeated in the ES course. For example international/governmental organizations, resource use, consumption, ecological vs economical value... It's similar but the ES course has a more ~ecological approach~ (obviously).

So it's different perspectives of the same thing kind of.

But there are many things in the ES syllabus that have nothing to do with economics too.