If i drop points in my final IB exams (from 36 predicted to around 30), will McGill revoke my offer?

butters

I was predicted with a 36/42 subject points (mcgill ask for 35) and mcgill is asking me to 'maintain my academic standards and obtain the IB diploma'.

I have final exams coming up soon, and if i dont maintain my grades in my final exams, then i think that i might have my offer rescinded.

Also, canada dont have a system like england, where you can acept 2 offers with a backup choice, so if i dont get similar grades in the finals, im worried that i wont have a place to go to

I called them.

She said that she cant give me a conclusive answer. I should inform them of any drop in grade as soon as i receive my results.

She also, said that she coudlnt give me any answer because she gave an answer to someone with the same question 3 years ago, and she almost lost her job. She said the only thing that she could tell me was the lowest final subject points which last years applicants had, which was 35 points.

This means, that i need to get the same points as my predicted or else i will lose my offer... Was she just trying to scare me????

butters, you're posting this EVERYWHERE (I think I saw identical posts on the McGill CC forum)! Best way to find out is just to call/e-mail McGill and find out for yourself!

Good luck!

i just wanna make sure.... people are telling me different things

butters, you're posting this EVERYWHERE (I think I saw identical posts on the McGill CC forum)! Best way to find out is just to call/e-mail McGill and find out for yourself!

Good luck!

i just wanna make sure.... people are telling me different things

Well I suggest you stop asking people and use your time to make sure your grades don't drop. Even the person at McGill who is in a position to tell you isn't able to and unless people here can divine the future, nobody else is going to be able to. If she's saying the lowest offer they've ever given is 35, I would take that as a sign to kick your bonny behind into gear and make sure you get your predicted grades. To me it sounds like code for "I don't know if we ever go lower than that..." so just in case, aim for 36.

Whether you know now or not isn't going to change anything except for how hard you work: so work as hard as you can!

• Like 1