Getting into Pre-IB

Aleks

Hi!

The high school in my area is really bad, and I have always dreamt of going to a high school where there is a lot of homework, tests, and all that fun stuff.

I researched the different high school programs they offer in my area, and i liked IB the most. The high school i would go to would be Bayview S.S, which had the Pre-IB program too. To get in, you have to do an entrance exam.

What should I study? i know they test you in three categories/subjects: math, French, and language, but i don't know what i should study. For example, in French should I focus on verbs or vocabulary?

Verb tenses/structures likely. Get some vocab too.

Math, know some good geometry probably, if not a little more maybe.

Language I'm guessing is like english class? Have some good comprehension skills and maybe at least recognize things like what a mood is, and what diction is etc...

I never took a entrance exam but I'd expect them to want you on this level before starting...

• Like 3

For math you should ensure that you the basic geometric and algebraic information. such as areas, volumes and some information about solving equations and polynomials.

For language (i am talking here about english) u should try to do some passages, because usually they concentrate on comprehension and the use of verbs in english.

Hope you good luck.

• Like 2

For the test I took, there was a vocab section, a question/annswer section where you read the story and answer multiple choice questions, and 2 math sections. The test I took was the SSAT (without the essay section though! :P ).

So for your test you'll probably have some vocabulary questions where you wil have a word and then pick the best synonym out of 4 choices. You may have a question/answer section about a few different stories which are also multiple choice. I actually found the math section to be the easiest when I took the test.

The best thing to do is to find out the name of the test you'll be doing because every school does it diferently. Then you can look online for practice questions if you want to. Honestly the test isn't that bad though XD

• Like 1

• 2 years later...