I have thought to choose the following subjects:

1. A1 Swedish SL

2. A2 English SL

3. Psychology HL

4. Chemistry SL

5. Biology HL

6. Physics HL

7. Math HL

I love challenges and I don't want to have too easy subjects, but what do you think? Is it going to be even too difficult to have an actual life with these subjects?

I'm totally desperated with my subject choices and I'd like to hear your opinion? Thanks. :)

Edited by Summer Glau
no text speak please =)

I have thought to choose the following subjects:

1. A1 Swedish SL

2. A2 English SL

3. Psychology HL

4. Chemistry SL

5. Biology HL

6. Physics HL

7. Math HL

I love challenges and I don't want to have too easy subjects, but what do you think? Is it going to be even too difficult to have an actual life with these subjects?

I'm totally desperated with my subject choices and I'd like to hear your opinion? Tnx. :)

It's doable, but you'll probably end up dropping. 4SLs and 3HLs are more common.

It's either 4 HL's and 2 Sl's or three of each. You can't do every science.

Not true.

If you love challenges, you picked the right schedule.

Be aware that each of the sciences require Internal Assessments, which are basically your own science experiments. They end up being very draining and lengthy, requiring full discussion. And if your school is anything like mine, they will all be within the same time frame; a week, a month... depends how lucky you are.

Also, consider what you want to study at university. Do you really need to take all 3 sciences and Math HL if you plan on studying Geography? No. I would only say you need all three sciences if you plan to be some sort of ... Biological Engineer.

• Like 1

Looking at your subjects, one would hope that you know the sort of path your are setting yourself up for... 7 Subjects, and 4HLs? That would be a quite intense workload. However, if you say you like challenges, then you are certainly going to be faced with a challenge.

I agree with some of the above posts, i don't think three sciences or 4 HLS is neccesary. However, its your decisions, so good luck!

LOL at your thought. what do you want to study in uni? I don't think that subject combination is worth it. if you love challenges you can try a 7th subject: Further Math. but not 3 sciences. it is going to be too difficult.

this combination guarantees broad choices of major you can apply for in uni. anyhow I don't see the point in taking everything UNLESS you are just trying them out and are going to drop one class.

Post #2 is not true. you can do the 3rd science as your 7th subject. but it's not worth it. taking 7 subjects doesn't make you a better applicant to universities, especially if you do not score well. Taking 4 HL & 2 SL doesn't make you look better than the 3 HL & 3 SL candidates either. if you want a real challenge, try Further Math <-- worth taking if you want to study Math in uni.

so tell us what you want to study in uni and we will help you further.

1. A1 Swedish SL

2. A2 English SL

3. Psychology HL

4. Chemistry SL

5. Biology HL

6. Physics HL

7. Math HL

well, props on doing 7 subjects, let alone 4 HL and 3 sciences.

i'm sure you would be capable of doing fairly well. but my advice to you, try to give yourself some chance to breathe a little. go with 3 HLs only, and keep ur 7 subjects. this is still a challenge, so do your best.

good luck

• 2 weeks later...

what career would possibly need you to do all 3 sciences?

Medicine in Sweden.

Medicine in Kuwait as well. Actually, to get into any science related course you need to take 3 sciences, but not necessarily in your junior/senior year. For example, since I've taken biology my sophomore year I don't have to take in again in IB. Thank God for that since I want to study engineering and have no interest in biology whatsoever!