History HL Explanation

nanon

Hi Guys

Preparing for choosing my subjects in the IB, and I thought that I would choose HL History, mainly because none of the other group 3 subjects interest me, and I am currently doing well at, and enjoying, HIstory at my school.

I was just wondering, what does HL History entail? I hear people talk about the Internal Assessment, and with the exams how you have to choose a region to study.... I am a bit confused. It would be much appreciated if someone could just give me a bit of a rundown on HL History.

You come to the right place! :)

All those information that you need can be found in the History Syllabus. I heard there will be some new syllabi for your batch (2013) but not sure if the History syllabus is one of those.

Howevere there is the old syllabus (for the batches before you) that can be downloaded in the Files Section. Here you go

At least it will give you some ideas on what is currently taught in IB History. If it will change, there won't be that much difference, trust me.

So read it, and if you still have questions you can post them below.

• Like 1