Late starting IB,CAS ideas?

Hey so I moved to Canada from the UK late in the year and have now only been told whilst in Grade 11 that I need to complete the 150 hours with very little guidance. I work 14 hours a week and I really need some CAS ideas and links to help me write it well? I understand the Service aspect of the journal and I have a few ideas for that but I need ideas for Action and Creativity? Thank you! :)

Hey! Im not sure how much time you have to do those hours, but here are a few things we do in our school. Hope this helps!

Since you work, that limits your time, so for creativity, I would suggest to choose things that you can do at school. Do you have a newspaper? Write or draw or help them with something. We also have people who volunteer to decorate a classroom or the school cafeteria for special occasions or the holidays and our teacher signs them C hours. Try making whatever you already have to do into cas hours. Like, for example, if your school is having a dance or a ceremony and you have to be there, volunteer to be the photographer or to prepare banners and ask for cas hours. Check if your school is participating in MUNs and sign up. If you want to do something outside of your school, look for places that are close to your house. Attend lectures/workshops or go to a drawing class. You can ask your art teacher if you can just paint or draw at home and show her your work... Ask friends that know how to play an instrument, to give you a couple of lessons.

As for action, if you can do the hours in the summer, I would highly suggest doing just that. Go to a cycling camp - best way to earn a lot of hours. Research if they're organizing any charity walks/marathons in your area and participate. I personally just go to the gym or do yoga, thats the easiest for me.

You should check this post out people share their CAS activities, if you browse through the posts, you might find something helpful :)

Here ya go. I use this for all of my CAS journals :)

It will give you an idea about what type of stuff IB is looking for with CAS

Sucks about having to move and find that out. Definitely try to get some creativity hours by volunteering at school. Maybe your student council has some events that need some decoration: jump on it :)

Other than that, it looks like anne.antoinette covered it all :)