Iodine Clock Reaction

Hexa

I did the Hydrogen Peroxide Variant of the Iodine Clock Reaction and measured the effect of temperature on reaction rate.

I'm more or less done with my Lab Report, but I'm missing what I feel are essentials and I don't really know how to add them.

For one, I don't understand how I'm supposed to "manipulate". I have the times the reaction took to occur at 5 different temperatures, and I've graphed it, but that doesn't give me as much as I'd like to work with. I don't really know what I'm supposed to calculate other then the averages for trials, and that makes me feel like my report is strongly lacking.

I also don't know what I'm supposed to use for my evaluation. I don't know what I'm supposed to contrast my data with to find % error or something of the sort, so I can't really explain what I'm doing wrong properly.

Help =(

SL BTW

Edited by Hexa

You could find the rates based off the temperature changes. Basically the rate of temperature change.

For your evaluation you can discuss your design. Flaws in it? Ways to improve it? Based off those flaws/improvements was your data accurate? Is it reliable? Was it a total pile of...stuff?

• Like 1

You could find the rates based off the temperature changes. Basically the rate of temperature change.

I'm really bad with chemistry unfortunately, can you give me a brief explanation or somewhere to start working related to this.

For your evaluation you can discuss your design. Flaws in it? Ways to improve it? Based off those flaws/improvements was your data accurate? Is it reliable? Was it a total pile of...stuff?

I guess that'll have to do. Thankyou.

change in temperature over change in time. Will give you a general rate of change for the temperature for your overall time. You could discuss that too. Doing this would give you a linear slope and I know your data is not linear so you can compare the rate of change of the temperature you calculated and what it looks like on your graph :)

p.s. the rate of change would be the derivative of your graph, but I feel like you'd know that :P