Art Theme Wonderland

Kati

Hey,

I chose my theme to be wonderland and now I am lacking ideas for my projects. Does anyone of you have an idea how to incorporate culture and self-identity into this? Especially in regards to the current self portrait painting project...what if I made myself into Alice from 'Alice in Wonderland'?

Sounds interesting. Maybe you could add in the characters from Alice in Wonderland, but make them have your favorite traits from your culture or identity. for instance, the hat on the mad hatter could have some sort of design or something on it.

If your theme is wonderland, than you can look at tons of things. I would suggest looking up tones of surrealism artists and seeing if you can get any ideas.

• 1 month later...

The first thing that occurred to me when I hear 'wonderland' was that you can try and capture your own wonders.

For example, you can pick a place where you wish you could be right now, or what you'd like to be in future.

I'd make an installation piece, with paintings or objects that symbolise what you want to achieve in future (possibly hanging from the ceiling) - rich? happy? madly in love?

And then in the middle of the room, you can have a sculpture of yourself sitting cross legged on the floor, looking up at the floating objects (with a dreamy expression preferably).

Just an idea =]

I really like your theme though, I think there's a lot of scope to experiment with different kinds of media. Don't feel that just because other people have themes loaded with social causes or cultural implications (child labour, prostitution, erosion of traditions) doesn't mean you can't do wonders with a simple theme. Mine's pretty simple too : DANCE and CELEBRATION

Any ideas?