med school

energetic

I really don't think so. For most med schools you need biology and chemistry HL and sometimes you have to check if they require physics SL as well. If you want to get into a med school, I'm pretty sure you have to take the two subjects HL.

This is only right for med school in the anglophone world and germanic europe. Otherwise this is not the case. Most of Europe do not have set requirements. Most countries will in fact have entrance exams. In Sweden you will need Physics, Biology and Chemistry at HL or SL and an overall score of 40 points. In Denmark you will need Physics and Chemistry at HL or SL with something like 38 points. But for other countries like Italy, Finland, The Czech Republic you will have an entrance exam and all you need is a justification of secondary school education. For Finland it is slightly different as you can apply for 2 different systems. Urval examen and IB grades or just Urval examen. Look around the internet you will find out quite quickly, that being said very little information is available. If you need help about application to medical school contact me. I know about Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Belgium, Germany, France, UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland....

PS You don't need Math SL either. UK doesn't require nor do some countries. Math Studies will do just fine for some places.

Edited by Bishup
  • Like 1

I really don't think so. For most med schools you need biology and chemistry HL and sometimes you have to check if they require physics SL as well. If you want to get into a med school, I'm pretty sure you have to take the two subjects HL.

This is only right for med school in the anglophone world and germanic europe. Otherwise this is not the case. Most of Europe do not have set requirements. Most countries will in fact have entrance exams. In Sweden you will need Physics, Biology and Chemistry at HL or SL and an overall score of 40 points. In Denmark you will need Physics and Chemistry at HL or SL with something like 38 points. But for other countries like Italy, Finland, The Czech Republic you will have an entrance exam and all you need is a justification of secondary school education. For Finland it is slightly different as you can apply for 2 different systems. Urval examen and IB grades or just Urval examen. Look around the internet you will find out quite quickly, that being said very little information is available. If you need help about application to medical school contact me. I know about Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Belgium, Germany, France, UK, Ireland, Luxembourg, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland....

PS You don't need Math SL either. UK doesn't require nor do some countries. Math Studies will do just fine for some places.

Yep, I agree with most of what you're saying. However, just to put it out there, you need Bio and Chem HL and Physics SL to study in the Netherlands (if you're interested). And you need Bio and Chem HL only to study in Spain.

I would advice that if you know where you want to study, and which university that you google them and look at the requirements. These things are usually on the university websites, available for you to know. And if that's not the case - I think it is always possible to mail them or something :)

Yep, I agree with most of what you're saying. However, just to put it out there, you need Bio and Chem HL and Physics SL to study in the Netherlands (if you're interested). And you need Bio and Chem HL only to study in Spain.

I would advice that if you know where you want to study, and which university that you google them and look at the requirements. These things are usually on the university websites, available for you to know. And if that's not the case - I think it is always possible to mail them or something :)

I included The Netherlands in the Germanic countries. Spain I wasn't familiar with. Glad to know now though :D . Spain want an average of 8.5/10 which translates roughly to 34/36 right? And Spain is also very different because you have a mixture between private and state institutions and the requirements may vary.