Types of Calcium Carbonate used for buildings/monuments.

nametaken

What are the different types of Calcium Carbonate that are used for buildings, old or modern? I already know of marble and limestone, the only factor that seperates them is pressure. I've done some research, the only other material I can find is travertine and that was used for castles in the olden days. Can you help me with regards to other materials, it doesn't have to be a material that a building is made completely out of per se but perhaps a part that the building is made up of? This is for my Chemistry lab, the idea is to get as many CaCO3 forms as possible.

Thanks!

Hi, the only other material I can think of is tufa. It's not a 'building' material as such but it is used in the construction of gardens, parks and similar thing. If this is to do with acid rain then I think that could be suitable. I think concrete contains calcium carbonate too, so acid rain could damage concrete too (better check that though.) [chalk...? not really building material is it?]

Hi, the only other material I can think of is tufa. It's not a 'building' material as such but it is used in the construction of gardens, parks and similar thing. If this is to do with acid rain then I think that could be suitable. I think concrete contains calcium carbonate too, so acid rain could damage concrete too (better check that though.) [chalk...? not really building material is it?]

Thanks!! I'll definitely look into Tufa.