HELP with IA question format! PLZ

dmswll8543

Hi,

I did my IA on the question from the syllabus, the one about Dresden...

Putting the exact words, the question is: Why, and with what consequences to its citizens, was Dresden bombed in 1945?

1) Does copying the question from the syllabus counts as a plagiarism? My teacher told me that it is and I have to craft the question somehow...

2) Can I change the question to something like: Why did the allied bombed on Dresden in 1945? Is there any problem with the question?

3) Or since my 2 sources chosen are arguing different sides (1. Dresden was bombed because it was significant to allies and essential to win the war 2. Dresden was bombed in order to create fear), can I craft the question like:

- What was the significance of the Dresden to allied?

- Was the bombing of Dresden more of an action implemented by allied to win the war or was it an action to increase the fear?

4) Any suggestion for what I can do?? I AM FREAKED OUT!!! please help me :D(

Thanks!

1. Don't copy a question from the syllabus, try to make your own question. You can use the topic, but make sure that you changed your question around some lol.

2. I'm not sure about this one, but as long as this topic can have an argument I would go with this one if you absolutely have to. ;)

3. I think that those two points can create a great question. I would use the second point more than the first, but you can include your first point in Section A.

Also, make sure that your question isn't too narrow. You could still use this topic, but if it is too narrow/broad, change around the wording appropriately to amend your topic. :P

4. What are you freaked out about. Elaborate. :D

Edited by JoeGuff

I thought I'd just put in a little comment about question 3. that you have. I like the second question you crafted better than the first, but it's really narrow, because you are looking at only two possibilities. What if your research shows you that the bombing had a completely different, third intention? I think this is a great question, but should be rephrased to something broader, for instance:

To what extent was the Dresden bombing implemented by the allied to win the war?

To what extent was the Dresden bombing implemented by the allied to increase fear?

I was thinking one of these two because, in case your research shows differently, you could argue for instance (a random example): the dresden bombing, in fact, had little to do with the increase of fear. Instead it was carried out in order to blablabla (some random intention).