The pianist film, how do I investigate this?

openur3eye

If you are going to use a movie, you will probably end up having to compare features of the movie... There isn't much else you can do with the movie... Maybe you could compare one specific theme and how it is developed through the movie, compared to how the events developed in history...

Since I haven't seen the film, my advice might not be entirely accurate, but I'll have a go at it anyway.

I did my IA on Eisenstein's film October and analysing its portrayal of the February revolution. The whole thing worked out alright, however, with films you have to be really careful so that it doesn't slide into an analysis of the film, but is kept firmly in the sphere of history. You might want to try to find some kind of a cultural history approach towards the film. In a way it might be hard since the film is not describing contemporary elements so its direct political or social or whatever significance is not very clear.

You might want to think why exactly do you want to use them film, that might give some answers to what you want to investigate. And I have to say that simply liking the movie probably isn't a good enough reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Since I haven't seen the film, my advice might not be entirely accurate, but I'll have a go at it anyway.

I did my IA on Eisenstein's film October and analysing its portrayal of the February revolution. The whole thing worked out alright, however, with films you have to be really careful so that it doesn't slide into an analysis of the film, but is kept firmly in the sphere of history. You might want to try to find some kind of a cultural history approach towards the film. In a way it might be hard since the film is not describing contemporary elements so its direct political or social or whatever significance is not very clear.

You might want to think why exactly do you want to use them film, that might give some answers to what you want to investigate. And I have to say that simply liking the movie probably isn't a good enough reason.

in the summary of evidence did you have to explain what happened in the film?