What to expect in pre-ib?

titorotori

Hey Everyone,

I recently got accepted in to Victoria Park's IB program. I was just wondering what should i be expecting for the ninth grade? I'm really anxious so yea can anybody help me here? I would be really appreciative and happy to hear your comments :) thanks soo much... and maybe anyone at Victoria Park can message me thanks!

Hey there. I don't go to Victoria Park but congrats on your acceptance :S

You should enjoy grade 9, in my opinion. It's the easiest year :) Your subjects probably won't be that much different in terms of the curriculum, as in you may get more homework or more difficult assignments but the curriculum is similar for both programs (some teachers may teach you beyond the curriculum, and others may not). but teachers will probably expect more from you since you're in pre-IB. Also you'll be with people who are (as a whole) more academic-oriented and study/work harder so naturally the standard will be a bit higher. The only subject where I found there was a huge difference in the pre-IB and the regular program was math (maybe science as well). You'll go through quite a bit in grade 9 math so if you're not that strong in math you should maybe brush up on that and not suffer like I did :)

Other than that there's not much you can really prepare for. And one more thing, you should join clubs/activities in your school in grade 9. Try to find something you like doing :)

Good luck with pre-IB! :) If you have any other questions, ask! :D

Congrats on getting in! And don't worry about ninth grade, the hardest part of my freshman year was just getting used to the whole high school pace. Once you get into the groove, I think you'll actually find it to be quite fun. The only area I had trouble in was math, because I'm just terrible at it and my teacher was on maternity leave for the last half of the second semester. @__@ Just manage your time wisely and you should be fine. ^__^