Number of History HL IA's

Juventus

I was just wondering if there are any other schools that also assign TWO Historical Investigations to their History HL students, instead of just one. I finished my first one last December but was (unpleasantly!) surprised today when I was assigned another one!

Are there any other schools out there that also have to do TWO Historical Investigations for History HL students (or SL too maybe)? If so, why is this?

Cheers and take care all.

Only one will count for your IB grade. :D

Your school must have two just so they can take the better grade, or they had you write the first one so you could have more experience in writing the second one.

My school only assigns one. Every school has it's own weird practices. Don't worry, I've heard of other IB schools doing something like this.

Remember that only one IA will be sent in to IB for grading. It's going to be up to your school to decide what your "real" IA is. Try asking your IBC or History Teacher.

Good luck. :)

Edited by JoeGuff

Only one will count for your IB grade. ;)

Your school must have two just so they can take the better grade, or they had you write the first one so you could have more experience in writing the second one.

My school only assigns one. Every school has it's own weird practices. Don't worry, I've heard of other IB schools doing something like this.

Remember that only one IA will be sent in to IB for grading. It's going to be up to your school to decide what your "real" IA is. Try asking your IBC or History Teacher.

Good luck. :S

Thanks so much for the information! I hope I do well on it, I got 20/25 for the last one, so I'll be gunning for higher!

Take care!

Basically what Joe mentioned above: since the IA for History is so structured and nuanced, our school has us do a practice IA in Year One, and the IA that is sent in is done in Year Two. Great part is that we switched IB teachers from last year to this, so my guy this year's totally okay with me just fixing up my IA from last year for submission.