Help selecting subjects?

Amandurrs

Hi, I'm starting full IB next year and I'm unsure of which science subjects to take. So far I've decided on:

English HL

History HL

Psych HL

French SL

Math SL (which is equivalent to Calculus, right?)

I'm trying to decide between taking Bio SL or Chem SL. I'd say I'm equally decent at both subjects so which one do you all think would make more sense for me in the future? I'm planning to major in Psych at college so which one would help me out more with that major? I'd love some insight as to which one you personally find more interesting, difficult etc. too. Thank you!

Biology is more relevant for psychology. As you will see in your HL psych class when you start IB, you will be learning different levels of analysis, one of which is the biological level of analysis. Personally, I find chemistry more interesting, but for your field of study you want in the future, bio is my suggestion. In general, like what drake said, bio is an easier IB subject then chemistry (so i've heard, I didn't take bio).

To be honest, I would take whichever you personally enjoy more. If you are more into the humanities then there is probably a greater chance you would be better in biology that chemistry since chemistry is a lot more mathematical, but in terms in what you want to do after school, either science would benefit you either way so just pick the one which you like best because it will be easier to find motivation to do the work.