Math Studies IA

Norheim

Hey!

I just wondering if a topic for math studies IA could be: "Investigating the graphs of sine functions"? Where will be investigating the graphs of the sine function as I change the values for the three constants; A, B and C. First A followed by B then C, and after having investigated all of these aspects of the y = sin x graph, I will have a look at how it is linked to the graph of y = cos x hence examining the relationship between the two graphs. ?

Or do I have to write about something else?

Regards

Edited by Norheim

I see how you could study the relationship between the two, but Math Studies IAs are testing actual variables and their relationship together as x causing y or x not causing y. The relationship that would result from your idea would end up being an equation most likely and wouldn't really test the correlation or the relationship but form your own. Hope this makes sense.

Would be better (and easier O.o) to find "real" variables that you can test instead of mathematical functions (that's more of a SL/HL thing :yes:)