Comment on the topic if it is good or not please!

dufka

I'm still not sure that it would be a solid topic, unless it's for the vaguest expository paper (you haven't mentioned what this topic is supposed to be for.) I mean, it's pretty obvious that prohibition wasn't successful, which was mentioned above. You're still talking about the same narrow topic, just with a less constrictive wording as a thesis. It doesn't really change your prospective content much.

As Julie mentioned, usually position papers actually take positions. That means finding issues that aren't black and white. Look for subjective qualities like positive/negative effects, for example. If it's a position paper that is.

Proletariat is right, but your research question IS getting better, it's just not solid enough ;)

Take a look at this, it has a bunch of example question in it: http://www.ibsurvival.com/topic/12468-internal-assessmenthistorical-investigation-process/

Do you see how those topics are more, shall we say, precise?

The success/failure of prohibition is a pretty common topic. People have their mundane opinions about the successes and failures and those are probably the documents you will be finding. It's not so great just to say: it was a great/good/bad/horrible success. You need to develop something new. Look at this question for example:

To what extent were the Moscow Olympic Games of 1980 affected by Cold War tensions?

People study the Cold War and all of the causes, effects and people involved, but since when do the Moscow Olympic Games come into play? It's a new and fresh idea, although I'm sure people have thought about it before, but it's looking at how something so huge like the Cold War effected sports (in stupid words). This person would be able to take many routes: how it affected the Olympics games, which specific people were affected, what happened do to this affect (immediate reactions? long-term damage to relations? etc etc. Than the person who is doing that research question can go into modern day society and the Olympics and compare and contrast.

Do you see how your question differs form this one?

yesss i know but i have to do it my ia on the topic connected with prohibitio becasue i have gathered fair amount of knowledge about it and i dont have much time left but everybody keeps saying different opinions about it and i am literally lost!!!! i have already started writing about it but i still dont have topic ! :)(((((

yesss i know but i have to do it my ia on the topic connected with prohibitio becasue i have gathered fair amount of knowledge about it and i don't have much time left but everybody keeps saying different opinions about it and i am literally lost!!!! i have already started writing about it but i still don't have topic ! :)(((((

I'm not saying to change the topic, keep i connected with prohibition.

Fright now you have: To what extent was the implementation of the Prohibition in US successful?

Maybe you could look at specific people who benefited or suffered from the prohibition and how well/badly if effected them? For instance, it would look something like:

To what extent did the Prohibition in the USA benefit already organized crime?

To what extent did the Prohibition in the USA negatively effect the industry?

To what extent did the Prohibition in the USA benefit families? (for instance,families who had people who were alcoholics)

Stuff like that... make any sense?

Edited by ~Julie~
  • Like 1