Poor IB score for US universities.

silent maverick

Hi.

I am studying in the IB Diploma and its not going as swell as I thought it would be. Ive been predicted 30 and I have an SAT score of 1770 plus 8 on the essay. I have applied only to universities in the USA. These include places like:

University of Southern California

Indiana Bloomigton

Texas A and M

Baylor University

Florida State University

DePaul Universiy

Fordham University

George Washington University

University of Miami

Bryant Universiy

I want to apply for business managementand have been predicted scores of 6 in Business as well as Maths with 5s and 4s for my other subject plus I am predicted 2 bonus points from my TOK and Extended Essay.

Also I have played sports representing the school in football (soccer), rugby and cricket. I have also represented the school at Model United Nations Conferences at Local, National and Regional level. My recommendations are sound and my teachers feel that I can improve.

Do I have a chance of making it into any of these universities? I am really not confidant about it and would appreciate some words towards the affimative

Hey,

The universities you plan to apply to in my opinion will definitely consider you as a likely applicant..... If possible a sat score ( 100 points higher or so) is what many people i know have got and been accepted in Indiana and bryant. But anywasy if your essays and extra currriculars are good... These universities will surely look into that.

Best of luck

I don't know the other colleges that well, but based on your sat score, I think USC is a reach for you. Are you planning to take your SATs again?

Sorry I just realized you are taking your exams in may, so it is probably too late for you to take your sats again. How are you sat 2s?

Regarding ib scores, I heard that college in the US do not really care about it. They care more about the transcript- your grade trends, etc. If it helps, my friend who is studying at the university of Chicago right now told me one of her classmates got in with a 29.

University of Southern California

Indiana Bloomigton

Texas A and M

Baylor University

Florida State University

DePaul Universiy

Fordham University

George Washington University

University of Miami

Bryant Universiy

Do I have a chance of making it into any of these universities? I am really not confidant about it and would appreciate some words towards the affimative

Nice colleges. I've seen most of them or have been interested in most of them or am applying to them (University of Miami). If you keep your GPA high, your IB grades will not matter. USA colleges only give credit for the HLs and they don't give much credit as it is. Your SAT scores are very nice, solid, you shouldn't have a problem except with USC and UM which both require higher SAT scores, but they make exceptions depending on your grades. If you need any further information, just ask. Not to brag, I'm kinda an expert on US colleges because I just recently applied and checked up soooo mannnyyyyy Unis. Let me know if you need more info or if I wasn't clear :)

i think they mostly care about SAT scores, but since u cant do the sats anymore (i think the jan sitting just passed) i think all u can do now is have a good reference and spend time on making nice application essay's

You can't apply for college in the USA without the SAT, regardless of your references and applications, they automatically dismiss it. If you haven't taken the SAT and are going to college in the Fall of 2011, than there is a problem. If it is Fall of 2012, than you have time to take it 4-5 times. There is one in May (which I highly recommend because you will have the summer to work on getting your scores higher if you do badly on the May exam), one in June, than again in October, November, December and January.

Some schools in the USA do not require the SAT, but they are rare and are usually performing arts colleges.

• Like 1