Erasers

greenglob

Hi guys,

So for our group 4 topic, my group decided on Erasers. Now I am completely clueless on what to focus on for the Bio aspect. I'm hoping to get some ideas (not answers) as this is my first time doing this and it seems fun! Mucho thanks to anyone who helps and those who didn't help. Thank you =)

Got to be honest, I am scratching my head with this one. All I can think of is something along the lines of -- are they toxic? What would happen if you ate one?

Or perhaps you could say that because you have to grip them in your hand, you could look at the neural control of stuff like grip strength and muscle tone, or just precision in terms of where you're rubbing things out. It's tenuous but I reckon it would be quite interesting! Actually, I know it would be quite interesting, you could look at the fibres and how they measure tension in muscle and maybe also look at how the hand maps onto the brain -- proportionally speaking, I mean, for sensation and motor control it has quite a big dedicated area when you consider how little hands are.

I also object to you thanking the unhelpful :gluck: Ahah. Seriously though, I can't think of anything /directly/ related to your topic! You picked quite a random one from a Biology perspective.

Got to be honest, I am scratching my head with this one. All I can think of is something along the lines of -- are they toxic? What would happen if you ate one?

Or perhaps you could say that because you have to grip them in your hand, you could look at the neural control of stuff like grip strength and muscle tone, or just precision in terms of where you're rubbing things out. It's tenuous but I reckon it would be quite interesting! Actually, I know it would be quite interesting, you could look at the fibres and how they measure tension in muscle and maybe also look at how the hand maps onto the brain -- proportionally speaking, I mean, for sensation and motor control it has quite a big dedicated area when you consider how little hands are.

I also object to you thanking the unhelpful :( Ahah. Seriously though, I can't think of anything /directly/ related to your topic! You picked quite a random one from a Biology perspective.

That's what I was saying to my group but they didn't listen to me. They continued on with Erasers. Now after a huge arguement....it's down to Condoms. Jeez...<3

how about measuring the elasticity of erasers or rubbers so to speak. There are different forms of rubbers being made, and no by rubber I am not referring to condoms but just rubber in general. e.g rubber from a tire. But this would be more of a physics experiment i suppose. were you not given a specific question to work with?

how about measuring the elasticity of erasers or rubbers so to speak. There are different forms of rubbers being made, and no by rubber I am not referring to condoms but just rubber in general. e.g rubber from a tire. But this would be more of a physics experiment i suppose. were you not given a specific question to work with?

Nope. Anything in the world and we end up with Erasers and Condoms...

OMG that's a pretty bold choice to make.. YOUR part of the group, so you have a saying in what they chose. :D so if you dislike their chose tell them. Trust me you would not like to do a group four project that you don't like doing..

It's not that I don't like to do Condoms but I'm wondering if my teacher would mark me down because we picked that topic?

I mean for condoms you can talk alot about Biology so I'm happy =)