General Franco and his role in the Spanish civil war?

Candidate 2011

okay, so i got some feedback about the topic that i'm choosing for my IA, but i've got to admit, after what i read i don't feel like doing it about the republicans!!

im so confused!!!

do you reckon i should research about General Franco and his role in the Spanish civil war? and if so whats a possible thing that i can look at?

I feel that 'General Franco's role in the Spanish Civil War' is definitely too board, but one particular aspect of his role would be good to write about.

I'm not sure, maybe how his connections with Mussolini and Hitler helped the nationalists? Or his leadership style?

I agree that it's too broad.

How stuck are you on Franco? The Spanish Civil War is fascinating from many different angles, but it's hard to pin an IA-length topic about it to its nationalist general. You could try zeroing to a more specific segment of time (like what role he played in initiating it, finishing it), or the atrocities committed by the Nationalists under Franco. The leadership idea suggested above also sounds very interesting.

I would have to agree with Proletariat. It is too broad, but also it is so common. Many books have been written about his role in the Spanish Civil War, and all of the books are really long. You would have to have more than 2000 words for your IA.

Maybe you cool look at:

• minor figures in the Spanish Civil War (someone rarely mentioned, but who had a minor impact)
  • Political parties during the Spanish Civil War, etc...

I don't know... the Spanish Civil War is a difficult event to get a topic that is narrow enough with a broad enough range of sources...