#1 Knowledge is generated through the interaction of critical and creative thinking. Evaluate this statement in two areas of knowledge.

Gaurang Kumar

Well im thinking of doing art and natural sciences...

can anybody tell me how i should proceed in my essay? thxx

...how about seeing how creative thinking and critical thinking interact within these two areas of knowledge? :blink:

Nobody's going to do it for you! If you have a specific question, ask away - but you do have to actually read the essay title and at least give it a stab on your own ;)

One assumes that you didn't pick these 2 areas of knowledge at random out of a hat, that you have actually had some thoughts occur to you as to how you'd be able to discuss the two of these in the context of the question....

Any examples about creative thinking in history.?

i have mentioned the collapse of the USSR, opened up official documents for new interpretations.

Not to be selfish or anything, but for your sake, don't give away your examples.

Imagine this:

Social science:

A man is found dead in a room with a semi automatic gun (only shoots once on every pressing of the trigger) gun in his hand and 4 bullets in his back. A window is broken in the room.

Critical thinking: How did the man die; was it really suicide? ~Probably not (Imagine a nice arrow leading down to the next line \/)

Creative thinking: How might the man have died? Is the broken window a hint? Did someone shoot him and then place the gun in his hand?

I'm sure you can relate this "guess and check" mechanism to books you've read, or things you've learned in school. When you aren't completely certain, how do you figure something out? You theorize, you think creatively sometimes and then critically to see if your creative thoughts make sense.

Edited by Martin R. Ebels
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm doing mine comparing the arts and natural sciences, because I'm pretty passionate on the idea that both areas of knowledge involve both ways of thinking. I would recommend that you use arts mostly if you had pretty good knowledge of the different movements and approaches to art there are though, otherwise I've seen some essays that sound pretty one-sided with the idea that art only involves creative thinking, and pretty weak counter-arguments that it involves critical thinking.