Jim Crow era of Abolition of Slavery in 1865

2012ibgrad

I'm focusing on the Jim Crow era and around when slavery got abolished in 1865, so please check it out and don't be afraid to leave your opinion. Is it too broad? Do you have any ideas for me? All feedback will be greatly appreciated! :blink:

Question: Analyze the impact of the Freeman's Bureau and miscegenation on race riots, lynching, and the color line by identifying the influence of the black codes.

That's not really a question first of all :blink:

And wow that's 4 things you're going to analyze? Yes, that's REALLY broad.

Might be better to talk about just the Jim Crow laws/black codes and how they impacted a single thing (freeman's bureau? I don't know what it is but I'm assuming it was big and affected by the black codes :P)

You only have around 600 words for evidence and 600 words for the analysis and right now the question you have would result in an extended essay, or even bigger :P

No offense, but where did this topic come from?

As far as I know, it's the Freedman's Bureau. I'm not sure if it goes by the Freeman's Bureau as well.

Anyways, I agree your impression that it's too broad.

I think there is more potential in writing about miscegenation's affect on maybe one piece of legislation during the time or riots or lynching or some other one thing. It's less common than something on the Freedman's Bureau, but it might be harder to find material on the impact of miscegenation in the years that you're looking at. That's another thing--you'll want to specify the years you're looking at once you start researching. Also be prepared to change your question once you start researching and find something interesting and want to explore it.

• 2 weeks later...