IB Textiles

wombat123

Does anyone have an IB Textiles in their school? If so, what is it like and how intensive is it? I've been sewing for years, so I was thinking of asking my coordinator if he could register me for IB sewing, but I could do the course myself by following its syllabus. I could use the school's sewing machines during my spare block or simply use my Singer at home, and ask the Home Ec Sewing teacher if I needed any help. Do you think IB Textiles is too intensive and challenging for someone to do on their own? Do you have to be able to draft patterns from scratch? How many projects must you complete and submit for evaluation?

Er would you like to be a tailor or something..? If not, TBH I actually don't think that doing IB Textiles would be really worth it. Instead, I would suggest doing it for your CAS, to gain Creativity hours. This way you could still sew (please note that your home EC sewing teacher should be your supervisor). Doing a self study is not that simple and I personally wouldn't recommend it.

Sorry for not answering the questions about the course itself, though :blum: maybe it's in the IBO website?

Since you're graduating in 2012, I assume you've started IB already, meaning that you already have 6 subjects (if you're doing full IB). Are you sure you want to add a 7th subject? If you really enjoy it and you're willing to make the commitment, go for it. I found this link on the IB website showing some examples of textiles: http://www.ibo.org/virtualgallery/category.cfm?cat=Textiles

Like Marsupilami said, you could do sewing for CAS hours as well, if you choose not to take it.

Sorry I can't answer your question that well...my school doesn't offer IB textiles.

• 1 month later...