World Literature 2

Nutwin

Guest iber2468

I'm doing Creative... probably a diary or an additional scene. I want to enjoy doing this one.

My teacher was really impressed with one guy who made an additional scene to Antigone in blank verse. Amazing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I suppose it depends on which texts you're allowed to use.

My teacher wouldn't let us do anything "creative" since we'd, for sure, get marked lower =/

I don't exactly know what I'm going to write about, but I know for sure that I'll be using these texts: A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man and either Crime and Punishment or one of Shakespeare's work or Crime and Punishment.

My teacher stressed the importance of the Statement of Intent for creative works.

She said that the usual problems with the creative projects are that they don't adequately convey the significance of the literary features and they don't display the candidate's complete understanding of the tone of the original work.

I'm doing 2c for the world lit #2. It's called "detailed study of a work" or something like that. I'm doing analysis of a key passage.

If you choose to do 2b (the creative) then it can be anything..a diary, a pastiche, an additional chapter, an epilogue, etc. The only thing is that you MUST write a statement of intent (which is max 500 words) and for the other world lit paper 2 options, you don't have to write a statement of intent.

I only know of one person in my class who is doing the creative, and he's writing an additional chapter. I think my teacher mentioned that it is more difficult to score high on the creative because it all depends on if you've captured the author's style correctly and whether or not the marker likes what you did.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shumisha

my teacher didn't stress on any one thing

however i'm good at art so i'm doing a scrapbook on 100 years of solitude

and i'll be discussing solitude amoungst the characters

Good luck everyone

:P

i did a key passage on One Day in the Life Ivan Denisovich.

i liked the idea off a structured essay, and i really didn’t have any ideas of how to be creative, because she would only let us really do pastiches.

but a lot of people did pastiches of the novel we could use (One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich, Chronicle of a Death Foretold, and The Twilight Years)

• 2 months later...
I'm doing a creative, writing a short story in Gabriel Garcia Marquez's style. But yeah, apparently, they do often get marked lower. It all depends on your statement of intent. My teacher said it was pretty good though, so i just need to work on the statement a bit more.

I'm in the process of creating an additional chapter to the novel Chronicle of a Death Foretold. I don't understand my statement either. What did your teacher advise you to say about the aspects or elements of the work(s) on which the candidate intends to focus?Thanks.

I did 2c, analysis of a key passage. My teacher said she hasn't seen a student do really well (as in level 6 or 7) with a creative yet, but my boyfriend is really good with creatives (we did a couple in IB1 and he got a 7 in each of them) and so he did a creative. Oh and he did an additional chapter to Mad Shadows by Marie-Claire Blais.

Edited by __inthemaking

Well, I think that a creative assignment can done if you think of something where you can have a lot of commentary, etc. For mine, I did a director's note to the actor playing Gregor Samsa (Metamorphesis) and I think it's pretty solid because it focuses on characterization, but it's also fun to write. :mellow:

Or I think another way to do the creative assignment is by doing an interview with the author, but you'd have to do some research on how s/he responded to questions. You could do a lot with that, like why they used the tone they did or what significance did X, Y, and Z have on the work.

I hope that helps at all!