Chi-Square problem

duckie

One, which is your X variable? Because I feel like literacy rate should be :help: Also I'm not sure what you mean by but offs. For a chi squared test you need your observed values in a contingency table and then your expected value in another contingency table.

For the literacy rate you could group it into like 45%-50%, 51%-55%, 56%-60% and then for the unemployment it could just be maybe 0%-5%, 6%-10% etc. Then when you go to fill in these tables you put in their frequency. Also the countries won't matter for this test, they aren't a variable :S

Hope this answered the question because I don't know what your asking to be honest :)

One, which is your X variable? Because I feel like literacy rate should be :help: Also I'm not sure what you mean by but offs. For a chi squared test you need your observed values in a contingency table and then your expected value in another contingency table.

For the literacy rate you could group it into like 45%-50%, 51%-55%, 56%-60% and then for the unemployment it could just be maybe 0%-5%, 6%-10% etc. Then when you go to fill in these tables you put in their frequency. Also the countries won't matter for this test, they aren't a variable :S

Hope this answered the question because I don't know what your asking to be honest :)

I guess what I'm asking is, how is this possible? The literacy rate percentiles are between 70% and 100%, while the unemployment rates are between

1% and 30%.