University Acceptances

Abu

Bristol: 27, 500 USD

Oxford: 25,500 USD but I don't know if that includes the other 9,800 USD.

Seeing those insane tuition fees makes me happy to be both an EU citizen and US citizen :P

btw forester, your friend who got those offers, is he under special circumstances? broken home, death in the family etc? Unconditional offers from Oxford before exam results are in are extremely rare. Or did I misunderstand and he's already done with his diploma?

Edited by blindpet

I'm sure you'd be able to get in, just be patient =P

My friend got a higher predicted and she's still waiting.. I guess it depends on when u handed in your application? I'm not sure.

Hmmm...I think the universities might process the applications in batches, because noone else in my school has been accepted either. *sigh* Patience is a virtue.

Bristol: 27, 500 USD

Oxford: 25,500 USD but I don't know if that includes the other 9,800 USD.

ok you have to understand that UK fees are of 2 kinds, science fees that require labs, and none science fees without labs! mine's a none science fee since I do media and it's 18516.63 USD a year, a science fee at my Uni would be 22520.23 USD. But my Uni's in a town :) both bristol and oxford are cities, so maybe that's why? I don't know how the government/Universities calculate their tuition, but I'm guessing because Oxford's library is updated with everything published every year that it'll require extra money... not too sure about Bristol though it's weird!

Well, my university acceptances so far are:

I got into Veterinary Science at the University of Melbourne for 2008 but I couldn't defer it so I chose to reject the offer.

Then I was offered a place for a Bachelor of Philosophy in Science at the Australian National University which I have accepted and defered. So there you go that is my situation at the moment. I plan to apply for Medicine and Science at the University of Melbourne later this year to start next year.

King's College London

Molecular Genetics

34 points, 5 in HL Bio and HL Chem

University College London

Genetics

34 points, 655 for HLs

University of Edinburgh

Molecular Genetics

30 points, 555 for HLs

University of Warwick

Molecular Genetics

32 points, 5 in HL Bio and 4 in HL Chem

University of Sussex

Molecular Genetics

32 points

I AM FLYING.... i just got a reply from Imperial... its a conditional offer... i thought they would never accept me... they need a 38 with 6 in HL... very typical... anyways am glad that i got the 5 acceptances... dont know which my firm will be... sheffield or imperial.. what do you guys think?

• 1 month later...

Well I'm just wondering how selective it is in general. My SAT scores fall in their range of accepted scores, and my GPA is high but i feel not high enough. Did your friends have lots of extracurriculars, high GPA, etc. i.e. stereotypical good college application?

they are not really close friends, but the one that just got accepted for fall 2008 didn't have a ton of extracirculars, she had a couple as far as i know, she has a really high GPA prolly top 10%, but she had an amazing set of SATs both I and II. anything else?