Historical Investigation: I'm screwed

rubdoo

Am I dumb?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Am I dumb?

My history teacher gave my class a month to start and finish our rough copies of our historical investigation. I have no topic and I haven't read anything. Yeah, I know, I'm an idiot for not doing anything. So... does any one have a good topic that's easy to research and that they have already done or are currently doing? I don't really care what it's about, I just need something easy that I can do in a week with as little effort as possible. Thanks... :rofl:

EDIT: I'll look through the history syllabus and look for a topic I think I can do.

Eh, not smart, but it's not that big a deal since it's a draft and you still have a week. Plus the paper isn't too long. Devote 1-3 days where you'll sit your butt down and research your topic. Actually writing the paper can be done in 1 or 2 days. I'd suggest spending 2-3 hours on a good outline with quotations from your sources that tells you what you'll say in each section and spending an additional day or so on writing the paper. And when I say a day, you should have a 3 to 6 hour chunk of time at your disposal.

And we can say that we're really busy and whatnot, but 9 times out of 10, we're able to rearrange or stay up and get something done if it's important, as this is.

As for the topic--look at the history syllabus provided by IB. They've got tons of potential paper topics listed as things that teachers can teach you, divided into regions and time periods and topics. If something strikes you as interesting, do some internet research on it. If you like where this is going, go to your library to check some books out about it. To make it easier on yourself, pick something not completely obscure and irrelevant to your area so that you have local access to information to write your paper.

Once you have some topics in mind, let us know and we can tell you what we think of them. Good luck.

• Like 3

I just posted this on another board, but if you still need help, I recommend these two websites.

http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/schools/rmhs/departments/socialstudies/ibhistoryia/home.htm

^This site has a list of topic suggestions and an explanation of each section

http://sites.google.com/a/sturgischarterschool.org/ib-history/internal-assessment

^This site has a section by section guide that includes suggested word counts

• Like 1