IA title

Leaveliz

Hi!

I have a problem. I am going to hand in my IA title and have not got one yet. I like to do something regarding the Israel-Arabic conflict. Have read quiet a lot about the Yom Kippur War and looked some at the six dag war and other major happenings. But I can not come up with any titles. So far do I only have:

Moshe Dayan during the Yom Kippur War

Moshe Dayan's portray of himself in the Yom Kippur War

But I don't know if I like to focus on him or Yom Kippur. I don't want to do like its part in the cold war, showing the connection to US and USSAR.

Please help me! Any suggestions?

I think that these titles are more than fine...probably your teacher wants only to be sure that you started thinking about a broad topic. I'm sure you will be able to change the title later if you decide to focus on something else so far as you stay stick to the Israeli-Arabic conflicts.. :P good luck

ps: btw a good idea for your ia is to work on something that you can recycle for your exams..

I am not sure if the IA is similar to that of the ones in History of the America's but if its an historical investigation you want to make sure you use the format: To what extent did ___________ affect ___________? by making the topic this way your conclusion will read it affected it greatly, not at all or a little bit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

vittt is correct on the aspect that you History IA does not have to be about your something covered in your history class. For example I did my HL History IA on What effect did Walt Disney have on animation from 1920 – 1950? The history IA must have a set time period, must have occurred at least ten years prior to the current date. Also, on the title Alyssa is correct on the format. On the actual topic for your IA there is a lot of information of Moshe Dayan. However, your topic is to broad you should maybe focus on how Moshe Dayan views on retaliating to the attacks change after the first few days of the war and how that effected the outcome of the war. If you just wanted to focus on Moshe Dayan you could do to what effect did Moshe Dayan have on the independence and formation of Israel.

I hope this helps.

p.s. Your teacher can choose some of the topics in which you study. That is why some classes study things that other classes do not study.

• Like 1