Math studies and unis

Lukas  Berger

Today my math Standard level teacher recommended that i should go to studies. Im german and i know that german unis dont accept math studies, but im also considering to study in abroad. Im not very good at math, which is also because i have had bad math teachers before. Therefore i do not have a very good foundation in math. i got a 3 on my first test, but i believe i can do better.. Also im really interested in economics and im considering to study it, now im kinda scared that with studies i wont get on to a good uni, especially in the US. pls help me out here!

For economics you will definitely need at least Math SL. Math HL would be preferrable. The subject is very mathematical and after a few introductory courses almost everything you do in econ needs to be shown mathematically. If you think you're up for it, you should start working towards your goal now, not in uni. Especially calculus is important in econ

Might I add that Math SL is really not that difficult. Even if you don't have a good foundation in maths you can do well in it if you're willing to work towards it.

For the U.S. universities, it really doesn't matter if you take Studies or not. Sure, the school will recognize that you took an easier course, but they don't really care lol. As long as you do good on the exam, you should be fine. :D

Thanks alot. does anybody know anything about european university policies on math studies, like cambridge, oxford or other UK colleges?