How do I choose the main sources for my Hi?storical Investigation

zoec

This summer I did lots of reading and highlighting on my topic, and have chosen a title:

How successful were the Oslo Accords in establishing peace in the Middle East? And did Israel’s relationship with the US (1993-2000) affect its outcome?

Now I need to start writing my Historical Investigation, and I guess the first step would be to choose main sources to OPVL (Origin, Purpose, Values, Limitiations)..

How do I choose these sources, should they be extracts from the books I read? or something more concrete? How many sources do I choose?

HELP! :D

The usual would be to select sources such as affiche/posters, speeches and journals. It can be anything ideally a combination of Primary sources and Secondary sources even if it is from a book although that would only be a secondary source. I thought you should find journals and speeches are your primary source. When looking for sources you should consider what will give me the best account for and against my theory. Which source is relevant to the question at hand. Hope this started you off. Ideally you should have a big range of sources. I recommend at least 4.

PS I'm doing my History IA at this very moment.

This summer I did lots of reading and highlighting on my topic, and have chosen a title:

How successful were the Oslo Accords in establishing peace in the Middle East? And did Israel’s relationship with the US (1993-2000) affect its outcome?

Now I need to start writing my Historical Investigation, and I guess the first step would be to choose main sources to OPVL (Origin, Purpose, Values, Limitiations)..

How do I choose these sources, should they be extracts from the books I read? or something more concrete? How many sources do I choose?

HELP! :D

I don't really see why you would need to choose your OPVL's first. I'd suggest you start the write-up and see where you get most of your information from and at some good point in your writing process do part 3, which is source evaluation (only one part of the essay). I myself did source evaluation in between finishing my first own version of the other parts (introduction, evidence, analysis, conclusion) and polishing it for the first draft.

In source evaluation you need to consider OPVL for the purposes of your own investigation, so for example if there's not so much on a particular aspect of your essay or something you might say that as a limiitation etc. The source itself would be the whole book/speech/etc and it can be basically anything. You need to use two for source evaluation.