Best University in Scotland for Business / Management / entrepreneurial studies / etc ?

Haphaz

Right now, Im considering:

Business and Management at Glasgow

Management in combination with something, at Strathclyde

Business Studies at Edinburgh

Or Management at St Andrews

Opinions on/ Experience of any of these Universities ( or the cities they are located in)?

I suppose my goal is to find the most rewarding course, in terms of knowledge-gain, but it's really difficult to judge... Since they all try to portray their own course in the best light possible... Help me clear up some of the fog?

Are there any other good business Universities in Scotland I have missed? Enlighten me!

Have you looked at League Tables for these subjects? :P You can also find statistics on graduate prospects etc.

All I would say is that St. Andrews, minus its Uni, is basically a small town in the middle of nowhere and people get crazy bored there. So I'm told :P

Yeah I have, that's how I found the above :noob:This is the table I used

Oh, that's good to know, Thanks :noob:

St Andrews and Edinburgh done. Note that Scotland is hard to get into generally. They have higher grades reqs then other unis in the UK.

For the courses I'm looking at (not to disprove your comment or anything, just for some sort of overview):

Edinburgh: "Award of Diploma with 34 points overall and grades 555 in Higher Level subjects. Standard Level: Mathematics at 4 or Mathematical Studies at 5 (if not taken at HL), English at 4, and a language other than English at 4."

St Andrew's: 38-40p, and a load of specific reqs that I don't qualify for. For example the faculty of science: "at least two Highers (H) OR at least one GCE A level, or equivalent, in the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Geography (or Geology), Mathematics, Physics, Psychology." However, the faculty of Art only requires "a pass at Standard Grade (at grade 3 or above) or GCSE (at grade C or above) or its equivalent in Mathematics. It is also desirable that students have gained a Standard Grade (at grade 3 or above) in a language other than English" and that i do have.

Glasgow: 34p. And I can't seem to find any additional req's for IB students.

Strathclyde: "34 points overall with no subject below 5.

* Applicants wishing to study Finance are required to have passed HL Mathematics at level 6."

What's up with St Andrews high reqs?

It's a pretty good uni especially for some subjects, one of the oldest in the UK and definitely the best in Scotland according to the league tables. It also got some extra publicity when Prince William went there which led to a higher amount of applicants :P

It's a pretty good uni especially for some subjects, one of the oldest in the UK and definitely the best in Scotland according to the league tables. It also got some extra publicity when Prince William went there which led to a higher amount of applicants ;)

Oh, And would business be one of those subjects? Another user said earlier that the town was boring, would you agree? :)

It's a pretty good uni especially for some subjects, one of the oldest in the UK and definitely the best in Scotland according to the league tables. It also got some extra publicity when Prince William went there which led to a higher amount of applicants ;)

Oh, And would business be one of those subjects? Another user said earlier that the town was boring, would you agree? :)

I haven't visited the town myself - I may be applying there in this cycle but not entirely sure of that due to difficulty of transport to both Finland and other parts of the UK :) The town is pretty small but I personally think that as a student it's pretty much up to you if you get bored or not - there's always some parties/society stuff/et cetera so unless you don't mind the activities being a bit student-dominated and living in a small town in other ways it's not so bad!

I am only extremely familiar with how good unis are for history for obvious reasons :) but in the Guardian ranking St Andrews is the 4th in Business & Management and as mentioned the uni itself is very good. You could check for example TSR and maybe take a look at the course content to see whether you find it interesting.