Is this a good combination of courses in IB!

fahadrebdi

hey iam just wondering if these courses that i selected are a good ( or should i adjust something to make it a better combination) combination and will secure me a good career to work in( consider my grader were 5 and up)

Physics HL

Business and management HL

Economics HL

Mathematics SL

English A1 SL

Arabic A2 SL

* iam open to any carrers involving more physics following the other courses i took

Open to any suggestion and advice

If you're good enough, do Math HL and have four highers.

Also keep in mind business (and econ to an extent) is considered 'soft'.

Remember, for a physics university course it doesn't look amazing if you highers focused on social sciences.

Otherwise it's fine.

I don't take many of these subjects, but I would say don't do four highers. I think in a way it's needlessly making things difficult for youself.

Maybe start off going to the lessons for four highers and if you are good enough at Maths HL then take that higher level and drop another to standard (either Business or Economics). Thats my advice, that way you have options. Four highers just means you'll have more work, and probably less points.

Good luck :blum:

With IB, it is very difficult to make a "poor" choice of courses, short of picking HLs that you hate and subjects that you're terrible at, or something. As long as you're doing the diploma program, you'll probably have made a good choice of courses.

That said, Business and Management is not a well-respected course in my experience. You might be better served by switching it out for Chemistry HL or Biology HL. You might also consider switching Maths to HL if you think you can handle it, and then switching out Business and Management for Chemistry or Biology at either HL or SL, depending on whether or not you want to put in the work for 4 HLs. That would certainly look more impressive than Business and Management HL, if that's what you're worried about.

If I were you I would take more sciences. When you are applying to university for physics you actually apply for a bachelor of sciences. Therefore, the more sciences, the more advanced placement credits, less work in university, you get more out of IB! :blum: As Daedalus commented, Business and Management and Economics are considered easier, but if its what you enjoy then take them anyways. You don't need Math HL, but if you can manage it, go for it. Take a look around in the Mathematics section and read up on Math HL. Just don't let yourself get scared. It's hard but if you enjoy math, you'll do fine!

Good luck!!