UBC or UVic?

Grumps

I really like the atmosphere and the dorms at the University of British Columbia, and from the looks of it they have lower requirements, which is good cause I'm a slacker, but I'm concerned they aren't recognized as highly as the University of British Columbia.

If you're looking for recognition go UBC but seriously, UBC doesn't have an amazing reputation anyways. In Canada, unlike the states, most universities are equal in prestige. Its all in what you accomplish at the university. I'd say go to UVic if you like what they have to offer more than UBC. It doesn't really matter for your undergrad anyways.

Just make sure to do lots of research if you're doing sciences or arts for that matter. Get yourself published if you can or al least get your name on a profs paper by giving them a hand.

Hope that helps!

Edit: I'm assuming that in the first line you ment to say University of Victoria instead of University of BC.

Edited by Chocaholic