Examination paper and markscheme pack (May 2010)

moereal

hey people i was wondering if buying this is worth it? i mean there is loads of past exams so will i have a higher chance of passing the exams if i buy the latest Examination paper and markscheme pack, or should i just buy like some from 2007 and 2008? i dont know any advice would be really appreciated !! and its like i dont wanna waste all that money to find out that it was helpful a bit only... anyways thanks for your time reading this and commenting!!

Well :)

Past papers are DEFINITELY worth it.

More useful than past papers in terms of format are Questionbanks :) I used them for my sciences & Maths and they were really useful.

However, it's not really the smartest idea to get them yourself because it's just such a big amount of money and there are plenty of other ways to get papers. Do a bit of internet searching and you should find tonnes of past papers, and there are even Questionbanks hanging around to download if you search hard enough. Of course port of call numero uno to get hold of papers should be your school. I don't know of any school which can't supply you with past papers themselves (for free) -- and a lot of them have Questionbanks too. Ask your teachers for them and see what happens, but I'll bet they have some they can give you for no cost at all.

I would advise exploring all routes before shelling out that much cash (although in case it crops up, I'd just point out that as it's technically illegal to distribute them, we have no past papers on IB Survival so you'll have to do your own trawling through web pages). The price of papers from the IB themselves is ridiculous :)

• Like 1

Thanks for letting me know Sandwich^ :) well what i might be doing is that me and my class which there is like 16 of us might put in money 2getha and buy the 2010 pack and also buy some A4 blank papers and go to the library and copy them in our own free time, and i was also wondering about somthing do you have loads of knowledge about the IB? cause i wanna get some info's about some stuff, and if i know i will be getting the info i want i think im going to donate, cause then i'll be knowing that i could get some helpful information, thanks man :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...