IB council

Hi everyone,

I will be starting IB1 on monday and I really wanted to

start an IB council at my school.IT was going to be a way

to help students by tutoring and a place to meet and study

or do projects in groups. I wanted some more ideas that i could use for it ?

and I wanted to know if anyone had started one or knew about one that they could tell me about?

Thank you :)

Well I really haven't heard of an IB council before. I guess it could work, but I have one recommendation; make strict rules to keep the conversations of the group members on school-work only. If the rule isn't followed, then instead of studying, the group would just fall into gossiping.

I have another piece of advice, concerning the time an place of meetings. Does your public library have small group study rooms? People in my school have formed small study groups before IB exams, and chose to study in the "private" study rooms at the library. You're allowed to talk above a whisper in these rooms, so discussions can go on for longer. Also, if you want to make a study group, make sure to have a sign up sheet. Have alternating days (i.e. Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday) so everyone can make a day. Depending on where you host it, break up groups into teams of no more than four. You can always vary this though. Also, for tutoring, you can get a larger group together, and have a team of two experienced individuals to help lead a tutoring section.

I'm sorry for recommending such small groups. It's just every time I've heard about study groups grow to include too many people, they don't work. :) Make sure to have multiple rotating Parliamentarians in your club to make sure people stay in order.

You can also try to ask your school if you can organize a study group club there, as transportation would be less of an issue for some individuals.

These are just recommendations lol. I hope that you are able to organize a group, and that it functions well. :)