Waterloo versus Dalhousie

The Fish

Hello all!

I am planning on studying computer science at university. I live in Nova Scotia, and one of the best university where I live is Dalhousie. I think I want to go there. The other university that I might like to go to is Waterloo. But I really think I'd prefer to go to Dalhousie. However, because Dalhousie is not well known, I'm afraid that I will not be able to be as successful as someone who graduated from Waterloo. All of the big companies like Microsoft and Google recruit almost only people from Waterloo. I really would rather go to Dalhousie though.

Will going to Dalhousie disadvantage me? Where do you think I should go?

Both are good universities but Waterloo is more well known for its engineering/math/science programs, plus they have co op. Is there co op for your program at Dalhousie? Looks really good on the resume to have experience already when you graduate plus you're making money while in school.

There is co-op at Dalhousie!

• 3 weeks later...

Ther's co op in Waterloo as well, but it really depends on the program that you're interested. You can also choose based on the amount of scholarships you're able to get, and the program requirements that are the best for you. Go on their websites and check the programs out, ask your friends and guidance councellor too (but have your own opinion):).

Edited by Schnee