Which undergrad B-School in Canada would i enjoy the most?

asian

Im confident that i can get accepted into these for undergrad:

- Richard Ivey

- McGill (most interseted in cuz of int. rep)

- Schulich

- UofT

- Queens

I know McGill is said to be the most fun place but i dont drink and also im not used to partying. I come from a very repressed country which is why i dont think ill be able to fit in to montreal.

im not very outspoken at first, mainly to strangers, but am to my friends.

thanks

Richard Ivey (Western): probably the most comfortable undergrad experience out of those, it has a beautiful campus, and London Ont. is a nice average-sized town to be. I don't know about the business school, but this would be one of my top choices.

McGill: I don't know this school, but I imagine it would feel very cosmopolitan

Schulich: this is a good school, its not actually in Toronto proper (but now serviced by the subway), more of a suburban feel than U of T. My parents, both graduate alumni, never complained.

U of T: While some say this is the best that Canada has to offer - its up to you, there's lots to do. The most selective college is Trinity, which my friend best described as "revenge of the nerds."

Queens- which has the most school spirit of any Canadian university. I loved visiting Kingston, which has a certain 19th century colonial feel to it, and its on lake Ontario. Its a school to make long-lasting friendships- my mother still keeps in touch with her roomates. Students come from a more privileged background then at other schools.

Edited by Le Flic

Western (where Ivey is) is a big party school, so is McGill because of the lower drinking age, there's a huge clubbing scene at McGill.

Schulich is a good school, York has a huge campus, but there's not much to do off campus since they are kind of in the middle of nowhere (no pubs, bars, student life etc).

U of T St. George is right in the middle of downtown so there's obviously lots to do, lots of restaurants/bars/clubs etc, huge campus. Not sure about the Scarborough/Sauga campuses.

Queen's is my favourite out of these unis, I would have gone to Queen's if I didn't end up going to McMaster. Beautiful campus, lots of school spirit..students have a reputation of being snobby and cliquey though.

• Like 1

Western (where Ivey is) is a big party school, so is McGill because of the lower drinking age, there's a huge clubbing scene at McGill.

Schulich is a good school, York has a huge campus, but there's not much to do off campus since they are kind of in the middle of nowhere (no pubs, bars, student life etc).

U of T St. George is right in the middle of downtown so there's obviously lots to do, lots of restaurants/bars/clubs etc, huge campus. Not sure about the Scarborough/Sauga campuses.

Queen's is my favourite out of these unis, I would have gone to Queen's if I didn't end up going to McMaster. Beautiful campus, lots of school spirit..students have a reputation of being snobby and cliquey though.

i would love to go to UofT since i love toronto and have a house there, but im worried about my GPA. i heard its VERY hard and i plan on doing law school afterwards so GPA is imp. for me.

i dont really care much for school spirit so its mainly down to McGill and Ivey.

is it a good idea to do my first 2 years in McGill then finsih uni in Ivey in the HBA program. or if i enjoy McGill, then i will continue there.

thanks

Take my advice with a grain of salt, it all comes from information I've heard from friends or on other forums.

In terms of having fun, you really can't go wrong with any of the schools you've mentioned. McGill, York, and U of T are all located in large cities with a dynamic nightlife. Queen's and Western both have a reputation for parties and a great social life, as well.

You're pretty much guaranteed to have a great time anywhere you go, so consider other aspects of the universities as well. Is the quality of education up to par? (I've heard some negative things about Rotman "weeding out" first years with a particularly tough course) Do you want to live in residence or commute? Do you like look and feel of the campus? Keep in mind tuition as well, if that's a concern for you.

In regards to Ivey HBA, I believe that transfers are limited so you are putting some of your education to chance if you go that route.

Take my advice with a grain of salt, it all comes from information I've heard from friends or on other forums.

In terms of having fun, you really can't go wrong with any of the schools you've mentioned. McGill, York, and U of T are all located in large cities with a dynamic nightlife. Queen's and Western both have a reputation for parties and a great social life, as well.

You're pretty much guaranteed to have a great time anywhere you go, so consider other aspects of the universities as well. Is the quality of education up to par? (I've heard some negative things about Rotman "weeding out" first years with a particularly tough course) Do you want to live in residence or commute? Do you like look and feel of the campus? Keep in mind tuition as well, if that's a concern for you.

In regards to Ivey HBA, I believe that transfers are limited so you are putting some of your education to chance if you go that route.

thanks.. i like diverse places so i limited my choices to McGill, Shulich and UofT.

but im not sure about UofT since its so close to my family and i dont want a low GPA.

im pretty sure all their standards for undergrad business are the same except that McGil has the best rep. so hoipefully if i get accepted i think ill go there.

In terms of a business education, Schulich, Queen's, and Ivey tend to be the bigger names. McGill's name has a good rep overall but I haven't heard stellar things about their business program. But then again, your university experience is what you make it to be. :)