What is Self Study?

vshang

Hey guys,

I'm brand new to IBSurvival, looked around quite a bit but couldn't find any post about Self Studying. If I'm wrong, please link me...

Anyways, my questions are: what is Self Study; can I write the IB exam for the course; how would one register for a course to self study for; and what requirements are there?

I know it's a bit much, but I have no idea, and Google really wasn't my friend on this one, so.... I'm looking for some help from you past IBers from around the world.

Thanks guys!!!

Self-studying is when you prepare for the exam without actually taking any actual classes, the subject can be any of the ones your school offers. Basically you're going to be going through all the material alone. I don't know of any requirements, but you will need to pass the exam to earn the certificate/diploma depending on how many subjects you'll be taking. You'll need to contact your local IB school and ask them about their self-study program. My school only offers self-study courses to diploma candidates.

Edited by Fish

As above, but even if you choose to self study a subject, it doesnt mean that you cant have a tutor helping you outside of school.

As above, but even if you choose to self study a subject, it doesnt mean that you cant have a tutor helping you outside of school.