Have a problem here: Double Major on extreme ends!

sweetroll

I have two years before I get to a college but its good to start researching from now isn't it(:

well here is my thing: I am sure that I want to be in fashion industry in the future so I'm researching about it a lot, I ve heard a new major called 'fashion merchandising' and it sounds like it would suit me great cuz I want to be more on the economic side of fashion and I want to do post graduate on fashion design. Anyway my first idea was to do double major on economics and fashion merchandise but a teacher told me that its impossible cuz theyre at very different edges but I dont think its impossible right? maybe it would be harrd to find a school that has both of the majors? I couldnt find any knowladge about this on university's websites so; have any ideas any experiences or any knowladge about double major on such different subjects?

Thanks for your help(:

I have been having the same problem!!!

I plan on double majoring (Possibly triple majoring) in Astrophysics, History, and possibly theoetical physics.

I KNOW some schools will let you do this. I would suggest looking into the University of Rochester in New York, USA, because they have expressed their desires to allow people to double major in weird stuff to me. Also, the ivies in US will allow double majors if you can connect the different studies in a creative way.

As you will note, these are American schools and I have a dearth of knowledge pertaining to foreign uiversities. But there are a lot of US universities that will allow a double major (usually only private ones though)

• Like 1

Other factors influence our suggestions. Are you willing to attend school in the U.S.? If so, there's plenty of schools that love double-major students and frown upon those who don't. After all, college is, furthermore than the IB, your chance to become a well-rounded intellectual. As said, University of Rochester was good; so is Vassar College, which is a much smaller, close-knit liberal arts college in New York. Florida unis often like double majors but won't try to pressure you into it. I don't see a double in fashion merchandise and economics to be a bad combo. If anything, business and fashion merchandise would be more appealing, but you can't choose your favorites. My advice would be to do a college search and when the question for your choice in study arrives, make sure to include economics and fashion merchandise and that'll narrow down your choices, where you'll have to go to those listed colleges' websites to make sure that they allow a double major. Happy searching!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have been having the same problem!!!

I plan on double majoring (Possibly triple majoring) in Astrophysics, History, and possibly theoetical physics.

I KNOW some schools will let you do this. I would suggest looking into the University of Rochester in New York, USA, because they have expressed their desires to allow people to double major in weird stuff to me. Also, the ivies in US will allow double majors if you can connect the different studies in a creative way.

As you will note, these are American schools and I have a dearth of knowledge pertaining to foreign uiversities. But there are a lot of US universities that will allow a double major (usually only private ones though)

I'll definetly look into Rochester! Thank you for your suggestions(:

Other factors influence our suggestions. Are you willing to attend school in the U.S.? If so, there's plenty of schools that love double-major students and frown upon those who don't. After all, college is, furthermore than the IB, your chance to become a well-rounded intellectual. As said, University of Rochester was good; so is Vassar College, which is a much smaller, close-knit liberal arts college in New York. Florida unis often like double majors but won't try to pressure you into it. I don't see a double in fashion merchandise and economics to be a bad combo. If anything, business and fashion merchandise would be more appealing, but you can't choose your favorites. My advice would be to do a college search and when the question for your choice in study arrives, make sure to include economics and fashion merchandise and that'll narrow down your choices, where you'll have to go to those listed colleges' websites to make sure that they allow a double major. Happy searching!

Oh I forgot to say that yeah I want to attend school in US. Ill search for the schools you said and I'll look for the ones in Florida too (: thank you very much(:

Hey!

before you look into what colleges you want do go to...you may want to have a look at the requirements first.Ib is tough and (if you haven't already) give the SAT at least once.

This will give you an idea where you stand.

• 2 months later...