Art critic needed

Audrina

Helloo, So I'm currently in my final year of HL Visual arts and decided to focus on oil painting (i discovered it mid last year and havent wanted to do anything else since!). This is one of my recent paintings, its a study of Lady agnes by John singer Sargent. I was just looking for some fresh critic, i've spent about 4 days on it and just needed some fresh opinion :blink: Thankyouu

post-22615-127902428875_thumb.jpg

I think it is absolutely beautiful! Not only does it look wonderful but you show an excellent grasp of the style of execution the way oil paints were used by John Singer Sargent. Seeing as this is the start of your senior year, I'm guessing you will have many more paintings and I can't wait to see the pieces that follow. :blink:

Also, I know what you mean about oils, I also fell in love with them last year! I wasn't able to use them during the last half of my year because I couldn't guarantee my pieces would be dry for my AP Portfolio and I was craving them so badly! Hehe It is my favourite medium by far. :panic:

I think it is absolutely beautiful! Not only does it look wonderful but you show an excellent grasp of the style of execution the way oil paints were used by John Singer Sargent. Seeing as this is the start of your senior year, I'm guessing you will have many more paintings and I can't wait to see the pieces that follow. :blink:

Also, I know what you mean about oils, I also fell in love with them last year! I wasn't able to use them during the last half of my year because I couldn't guarantee my pieces would be dry for my AP Portfolio and I was craving them so badly! Hehe It is my favourite medium by far. :panic:

Thanks so much Jackie ! :wub: I have until October to complete all my pieces and most of them are done, its just i want to pursue them further.

Oils are the best, i can't understand people who dislike it, whats not to like! What were your paintings of?

Thanks so much Jackie ! :panic: I have until October to complete all my pieces and most of them are done, its just i want to pursue them further.

Oils are the best, i can't understand people who dislike it, whats not to like! What were your paintings of?

Oops, forgot that in Australia, you have a different school year than in the US! :blink: I'd like to see more of your pieces; you portfolio must be brilliant! :wub:

I know, right? My teacher doesn't like it, which shocks me! I'm one of the few people that uses oil at my school. My IB portfolio pieces are on Psychology but I focused more on my AP portfolio last year and so I used oil mostly in my breadth pieces of various subjects such as pointe shoes, landscapes and zebras. I'm hoping to do the majority of my IB pieces in oil. :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...