EE in ESS (Environmental Systems and Societies)

sqzee

I'm doing an extended essay in ESS, but it seems no one here takes that subject or has/is doing and extended essay on it. If you're out there I'm curious to know your research question and so on.

Also, I have asked my teacher and he said it could be a research paper, meaning there does not need to be a practical, or any sort of experiment, but he doesn't seem to well informed and I am nervous that I might have to. But there are not many resources for ESS extended essays.

I'm doing an extended essay in ESS, but it seems no one here takes that subject or has/is doing and extended essay on it. If you're out there I'm curious to know your research question and so on.

Also, I have asked my teacher and he said it could be a research paper, meaning there does not need to be a practical, or any sort of experiment, but he doesn't seem to well informed and I am nervous that I might have to. But there are not many resources for ESS extended essays.

Yes I know two people who are doing there EE in ESS at my school, I do the subject but am doing the EE in physics. Their question was 1 about biodiversity of this an introduced plant that is taking over and out growing other plant. the second question is about the erosion caused from a mountain bike going down a track. Both of the kids are doing experiments.

Edited by sweetnsimple786
No textspeak, please.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doing my EE on ESS =)

so is another guy in my class but I forgot what his topic is lol

but my topic is Human Need and Greed: Examining the ethics of the mass slaughter of animals for food consumption and the over all effect it has on man, animals, and the environment.

and it is completely research based I'm not doing a practical (nether is my class mate)

Edited by bcagalli18

• 1 year later...

[quote name='sqzee' timestamp='1276841557' post='71640']

[/quote]

My EE is on ESS and I was worried about that too.

Mine is Evaluating and assessing the methods of approaching the low oyster population within the Chesapeake Bay, their effects upon the residents of the surrounding areas and each method's effectiveness in restoring the Chesapeake Bay’s health.

They said to have a close personal connection with said topic, and I live right on the bay, right next to a research center, so I'm taking advantage of that, however my paper is purely research. I am getting some interviews in with NOAA and the Chesapeake Bay Foundation however.

I had a friend in India who did the IB the same year as me. He was the first (and until now only) candidate to ever do an EE in ESS at his school AND was the first person to get an A in a Science EE.

His topic went something like this: "To what extent can the global warming phenomenon be attributed to bovine flatulence?" Yes, he wrote a 4,000-word paper on cow farts and resultant methane. You'd be surprised (or possibly not that surprised) that there are quite a lot of abundant raw materials for recording experiments related to cows in India.

You would think I would be joking about something like that, sometimes I wish I were too.

EDIT: I should also mention that said friend got a 44 in the IB and is currently studying at Harvard. Sometimes, the powers that be confuse me so much.

Edited by Arrowhead