Life in Oxford

RBST

It's certainly not as busy as London :bawling: I think a lot of the boredom depends on how well you get on with your Uni friends and how much you involve yourself. As a place Oxford has a reasonable number of pubs/places to go out and of course there're sporting activites like the river etc. to get involved with. If you engaged with it all, there's no reason to be bored. There's not as big a variety of stuff going on as you might find in the capital, but as with many places, what you get out of it is what you make of it. Oxford is basically your average small English city. It's also got plenty of reasonably cheap train links if you want to travel :bawling: much like Cambridge... only IMO Cambridge is slightly more interesting a place to be landed up... I admit that coming from near there, I am perhaps slightly biased, but I've certainly visited the both plenty of times :D

It's easier to be bored in Cambridge or Oxford than it is in bigger cities with lots more cultural etc. stuff going on. If you worry about getting bored, perhaps applying in London (in particular) or a larger city is a good bet, but it's not terrible to end up at Oxbridge. I've been to visit friends in truly terrifyingly boring universities and trust me, Oxford is much better than them! :( If you go to either and engage yourself properly, you should be fine. I have friends at both and they're not at all bored. Admittedly they've engaged really well, but it's so easy to do that at Uni that you should be fine.

No competition though, London is the best place to go if you're concerned about boredom XD

I do not have that much experience, since I'm only going to start my university studies next October, and at Cambridge, not Oxford. However, whether you would find it boring or not would probably depend on what you want from your university life. Certainly the clubs wont be that exciting, but they will probably be cheaper than in London. And you also should consider the fact that a lot of the student action is university and college based, meaning bops and that kind of stuff.

I spent 4 weeks in Oxford couple of years ago, and found it rather nice. I mean there are places to go and things to do.