Bilogy SL to HL

monkonloose

Ok so im half way throught the diploma and ive realised i might want to do something like osteopathy in the future. I currently do biology SL and i always just passed with no special grades but without really studying. Do you think i would be able to changeover? Is it a huge difference?

To some extent it is, as there are some topics added and to each topic, there's a section just for HL.

If you think you need Biology HL, and believe you are capable of doing it, then go ahead. Just remember that it will require you to start studying. XD Many people manage biology SL very easily without studying, but HL does require you to put some effort in it. Biology HL is not just memorizing, although that would get you a not so bad mark, the more you understand the bigger your chance of getting a 7. Seeinf you want to study something like that, I think Biology HL wouldn't be so bad for you. :crying:

• Like 1

SL Biology is quite easier than the HL course. It's a good idea to take it just to get the exposure. Do you know what your HL focus is? I know ours is ecology and evolution. That may make a difference in your decision as well. Our biology instructor is less than adequate, but we still have great test results from both SL and HL because of students that self-study.

• Like 1